Roblox is a popular game that provides excitement and adventure to players worldwide. However, like any other game, you may encounter issues while playing Roblox on your PC.
If you are facing problems with Roblox on your PC, do not worry. We have prepared an article to help you fix the “Roblox not working” error.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes the Roblox Not Working Issue?
- 2 How to Fix the Roblox Not Working Issue?
- 2.1 Restart Your PC
- 2.2 Check Roblox Server Status
- 2.3 Check Your Browser
- 2.4 Clean Up Your Internet Files and Cookies
- 2.5 Run Roblox as Administrator
- 2.6 Delete the Roblox Appdata
- 2.7 Disable Proxy
- 2.8 Update Roblox and Windows
- 2.9 Make Sure Roblox is Allowed to Run
- 2.10 Update Your Graphics Card
- 2.11 Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Firewall
- 2.12 Reinstall the Roblox Desktop App
What Causes the Roblox Not Working Issue?
There are several reasons why Roblox may not work properly. Here are some common causes:
- Temporary system glitch
- Server issues
- Proxy server problems
- Corrupt installation files
- Outdated drivers
Now that we understand the potential reasons for the problem, let’s look at some solutions.
How to Fix the Roblox Not Working Issue?
First, you need to determine the exact cause of the Roblox not working issue. Understanding the main reason will make it easier to resolve the problem. Here are some possible solutions:
Restart Your PC
This is a simple and easy solution. Many people have resolved their issue by simply restarting their PC. Start with the easy solutions first.
Check Roblox Server Status
Make sure that the Roblox servers are running smoothly. The problem may not be with your PC or internet connection, but rather with the servers. You can check the Roblox server status here.
Check Your Browser
If Roblox fails to launch after clicking the “click-to-play” button on the website, it might be a browser-related issue. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies or use a different browser. You can also reset your Internet options to default settings using the following steps:
- Press Windows+S and type “Internet Options” in the search field.
- Select “Internet Options.”
- In the new window called “Internet Properties,” click the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button.
- Click the “Security” tab, then the “Trusted sites” icon, and click the “Sites” button.
- Enter “http://www.roblox.com” under “Add this website to the zone,” click the “Add” button, then click “Close” to exit the window.
- Exit the Internet Properties window, close all running browsers, and relaunch Roblox. It should now work on Windows 10.
Clean Up Your Internet Files and Cookies
Deleting your temporary internet files and cookies can help resolve browser-related issues with Roblox. Follow these instructions to do this in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner, then choose “More tools” > “Clear browsing data.”
- Select all the boxes, click the down arrow next to “Time range,” and choose “All time.”
- Once done, exit the window and try running Roblox again.
Read More: Genshin Impact Tri Lakshana Creatures
Run Roblox as Administrator
Running Roblox as an administrator can solve your problem if it is related to permissions. Follow these instructions:
- Right-click the Roblox shortcut on your desktop and go to “Properties.”
- Under the “Compatibility” tab, check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click “Apply” > “OK.”
Delete the Roblox Appdata
Removing the Roblox folder in the AppData directory can fix potential issues with corrupted files. Follow these instructions:
- Press Windows+E to open File Explorer.
- Go to “C:usersyourusernameappdatalocal” (replace “yourusername” with your actual Windows username).
- Find the Roblox folder, right-click on it, and select “Delete.” If you want to keep a backup, you can rename the folder instead of deleting it.
Deactivate any proxy settings on your PC as they may interfere with Roblox’s functionality and cause the “Roblox not working” issue. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Windows key+I on your keyboard to open the Windows Settings app.
- In the Settings window, click on “Network & Internet.”
- In the left-hand side menu, select “Proxy” from the options.
- Under the “Manual proxy setup” section, toggle off the switch under “Use a proxy server.”
- Once the switch is turned off, the proxy settings will be disabled.
- Close the Settings app and try relaunching Roblox to see if the issue is resolved.
Update Roblox and Windows
Ensure that both your Roblox and Windows systems are up to date. Here’s how:
- Press Windows+I to open Settings, then go to “Update & Security.”
- Click on “Windows Update,” then “Check for updates” and download/install any available updates.
Make Sure Roblox is Allowed to Run
When prompted with an “External Protocol Request,” make sure to check the box to remember the choice for all Roblox links. This step is essential, especially if you are trying to run Roblox on Chrome.
Update Your Graphics Card
Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date as new drivers can solve these types of problems.
- Press Windows+X keys, then select “Device Manager.”
- Double-click “Display Adapters” and right-click on the graphics card you are using, then select “Update Driver.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process and restart your computer.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Firewall
Your antivirus or firewall might block Roblox’s access and cause the “Roblox not working” issue. Temporarily disable them to see if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists after disabling the firewall and antivirus, add Roblox to the exception list or allow it to access the required ports. Here’s how:
- Open the Windows search bar and type “firewall.”
- Select the option that says “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.”
- Locate Roblox in the list of applications and ensure that it is allowed through the firewall.
- Add Roblox to your antivirus exceptions to prevent any interference.
- To ensure smooth connectivity, make sure that UDP ports 49152 to 65535 are open on your PC. If these ports are blocked, Roblox may not run properly.
Reinstall the Roblox Desktop App
If all else fails, you can try reinstalling Roblox by uninstalling it, deleting the Roblox folder in AppData, and then reinstalling the desktop app. Follow these steps:
- Exit all background apps that are currently running.
- Press Windows+R to open the Run box, then type “control panel” and click OK.
- Click “Programs & Features” and find Roblox in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on Roblox and click “Uninstall.”
- Press the Windows key+E to open File Explorer, then navigate to “C:usersyourusernameappdatalocal” (replace “yourusername” with your actual Windows username).
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
- Go to Roblox’s website, log in to your account, select the game you want to play, and click the “Play” button. A pop-up window will appear, and the Roblox app will be automatically downloaded.
That concludes our article on how to fix the “Roblox not working” issue. We hope these solutions help you resolve the problem. Enjoy your Roblox experience!