Only recently Eric Barone alias ConcernedApe teasered an exciting innovation for Stardew Valley, there now follows a first summary for update 1.6. This already makes clear that we expect a few more content than was previously assumed and communicated.
But before the joy becomes too great: Barone has not yet announced a release date. In addition, the list does not yet include all changes, because the update is still in the middle of development. Nevertheless, fans can already expect interesting features and improvements.
Stardew Valley Update 1.6: These contents await you
When it was announced in April 2023, it was still said that the Update 1.6 for Stardew Valley would mainly be aimed at modders. There should be only a few new contents, but gradually it became apparent through teasers that it will be a little more. How much more, that now shows the first content summary of the update by Eric Barone himself.
Accordingly, you can expect the following innovations in the near future:
- a new big festival
- two new smaller festivals
- New late game content that expands each skill range
- new items and crafting recipes (for example, a new teleport totem, a new drink, and more)
- Joja alternatives for some endgame quests
- over 100 new lines of dialog
- Winter outfits for the villagers
- new reward for completing quests of the notice board.
- exclusive for PC: support for 8-player multiplayer farms
- a new farm
- new secrets
- many minor improvements and adjustments
According to Barone, this is not the full collection of new content that Update 1.6 will include. A fixed release date does not exist at the moment either, but apparently he is making good progress with the development. Whether it will actually be this year remains to be seen.
1.6 content sneak peek. no release date yet pic.twitter.com/vyhbFRkZ00
– ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) September 27, 2023
By the way, this also applies to the question of whether the next update will really be the finale for Stardew Valley. After all, Barone has already said with update 1.5 that it would be over after that and then announced another patch to the surprise of his fans. However, the solo developer wants to focus in the future again on the development of his new game, Haunted Chocolatier.